CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 24, 2010

What I learned from my mom (or mother in law) week!


This week is all about the yummy things that have been passed down to me by my mother and her mother before her or something I learned from my wonderful mother in law! :)
Today because I have so many sickies in the house I made Sally Crawfords (my MIL) Chicken Noodle Soup and it was great!

Mom's Chicken Noodle Soup

1 49.5 oz can of Chicken broth (I used bouilion and made my own broth as I made a huge batch)
1 can of water (is using the premade broth)
2 packages of frozen egg noodles (or like I did use the yolk free egg noodels, 2 packs)
1 medium onion
1 small bag of baby carrots or 5 regular carrots
3-4 stalks of celery
1 26 oz can of cream of chicken soup warmed up
3-4 chicken breast cooked and shredded

Cook chicken, set aside to cool so it is easier to break up into bite size pieces.
In a stock pot add broth, water, celery, onion and carrots till cooked through-take out veggies-set aside
Cook noodles according to package (since I used the yolk free noodles I was not able to cook them in the broth but rather separately in water.)
Add chicken and veggies, then warmed up cream of chicken soup.
Check consistency, if too thick add more broth, if too think add more cream of chicken soup.
Season with Morton's seasoning or just regular salt and pepper. (Generally I don't add seasoning to the pot but rather after each person is served that way we all have it to our personal taste)

No comments:

Post a Comment