CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 18, 2010

Crockpots, the poor cooks friend.

I love my crock pot, it has been in the family for many years as it was given to my parents as a wedding gift and then it was given to me when I got married. It is an original Crock Pot slow cooker, orange insert and all!
Chuck roasts are one of the cheaper and easiest roasts to make and it's hard to mess them up.
This particular recipe is from http://www.grouprecipes.com, my roast will be larger so I will have to double some of the ingredient portions.

Ingredients

* 2 pounds beef chuck roast
* 2 cloves minced garlic
* 1 small (or medium) onion, sliced
* 1 sprig fresh rosemary
* 1/4 cup soy sauce
* 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
* 3 cups water
Directions

1. Place the roast in the slow cooker. Put in the garlic, onion and rosemary. Mix the soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce together and pour in the crockpot. Add three cups water. Cook on low for eight hours. Shred the beef and serve on rolls with some of the juice from the pot. You may want to skim some of the fat off, depending on how fatty your roast was.
2. (My roast was small. If you use a bigger one, you may want to increase the amount of liquid. You want the liquid to nearly cover the roast.)

No comments:

Post a Comment