CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 11, 2010

Sandwiches are beautiful, Sandwiches are fine.....

That was a song I used to sing a lot as a kid...if you don't know the tune sorry, if you do welcome! :)

Today has been a busy day for me thus far, I have made no pudge brownies (thank you Trader Joes!)
loaded up my bread machine with some ingredients to make sandwich bread dough and am now waiting for it to rise so I can bake it!
I also have a continuation of the MOPS cookbook week for tonight's dinner, pizza bubbles!

Basic Sandwich bread (or small loaf)

3 C bread Flour
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 Tbs Dry Milk
1 1/2 Tbs Butter (used to use margarine but butter just works better and is natural)
1 1/2 Tbs Sugar
1 1/4 C warm water
1 tsp Dry yeast

Now I use a bread machine on the dough option because I don't like the way the bread looks after baking in a bread machine pan. So I'm picky and prefer my "wonder bread" appearance oh well.
If you want to make life super easy just load up your machine and let is mix, knead and bake all in one.
I on the other hand only let it mix, kneed and rise in there for a bit.
Then I take it out onto a lightly floured surface, punch the dough down in the middle with my fist and then fold the outer edges over into the middle.
Then gently shape the ball into a loaf shape by patting and pinching the sides together.
Lay the dough seam side down into your prepared baking pan, cover and set in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes OR until it has doubled in size. For some reason mine took almost an hour to do so, must be a temperature thing but it did rise!
When that is done and your dough has finished rising again, bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-40 minutes.
You know it's done when it is hollow sounding when you tap on the top.

Now as for dinner tonight we are having Pizza Bubbles, thanks to Julie Culwell for her recipe!

Pizza Bubbles

1 lb ground beef or turkey
2 C pizza sauce or marinara
8 refigerated dough biscuts (pillsbury country)
4 oz can of mushrooms (I'm not using these as my husband hates them!)
4 oz diced green peppers or half of a diced bell pepper
sm can of black olives
1 onion
8 oz mozzarella cheese

Brown meat with diced onion. Add pizza sauce and pour into 9x13 greased pan.
Top with green peppers, mushrooms and olives. Quarter each (unbaked) biscut and press into pan.
Top with cheese and bake @ 400 degrees Farenheight for 25 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly.
(you can use any pizza toppings you want, these are just the Culwell family favorites)
I will be adding some pepperoni, more veggies to ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment