CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 29, 2010

Grandma Wise's Potato salad

This is a potato salad that my own mother makes every Easter and Thanksgiving or she has a mutiny on her hands if she doesn't.
We as in my brothers and I LOVE this stuff! It is not like the salads you buy or would normally have at a church potluck either.
Sadly I have not been able to make it yet this week due to illnesses in our home so my cooking has been happening but nothing fantastic really.
Bragging about how well I can bake salmon fish sticks didn't seem all that cool so my blog is a few days behind now.
I can brag though that they are all natural and hormone free! Go Costco! :)

Granda Wise's Potato salad

6 medium to large russett potatoes
8 hard boiled eggs
6-8 stalks of celery
4-6 medium sized dill pickles
1/3 C onion
3/4 C mayo
1-2 Tbs Milk
1 Tbs Cider vinegar (optional)

Peel, boil and cut into chunks the potatoes.
Cook until fork easily punctures potatoes but not so much they become mushy.
Chop the following; celery, pickle, onion, hard boiled eggs.
Mix mayo with a small amount of milk (1-2 Tbs) and 1 T cider vinegar (optional)

My mom usually judges everything by the amount of potatoes after they are cooked and chopped into bowl, she likes a balanced look in the colors and flavors.
Blend the liquids together set aside, mix the potatoes and veggies then mix with liquids.
Sprinkle top with Johnny's seasoning salt (like we do) or paprika if you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment