CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 7, 2010

A day late and a whole lotta dollars shorter!

Did my weekly grocery shopping yesterday only to discover today I forgot to get more bread! aacckk!
So today I get to make some home made bread instead, I'm sure my family will enjoy that too. :)
I generally use the basic white bread recipe from the Betty Crocker cookbook, but a lot of bread machines (like mine) come with a bread book that tells you all sorts of great ideas.

The meatloaf was a success and as for the Farmer's Strata that is yet to be determined as the meatloaf ended up being a 2 night meal we had so much of it! Hooray!
I love leftovers, makes my life so much easier that way.
Be forewarned when making the strata, it does take quite a bit of prep time and isn't the healthiest of dishes either. I did a lot of substitutions to make me feel better ie using turkey bacon, non fat milk, low fat cheese etc. I also used red potatoes instead of russet as they have more antioxidants in them too.

Tomorrow I plan on making a Baked Ziti courtesy of Patti Garcia recipe to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment