CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Split pea and ham!

Today is the day I attempt to make Andersons Split pea soup with ham.
First off I need to gather my ingredients which does mean a dash to the local grocery store but that's alright.
In the future though I plan on meal planning a weeks in advance, ok when I say future I mean tomorrow I plan on sitting down and meal planning for the week.
I also have a plan for tonights breakfast, but it does require a bit of prep.
Thank you to Karen Brookes for providing this yummy dish at MOPS and for sharing the recipe too!

Breakfast Casserole

-Scramble 12-18 eggs (depending on how many people you're feeding)
- Put scrambled eggs in the bottom of a 9x13 pan
- Pour ("glop" is more like it) approx. 1 pint of sour cream on top of eggs (you decided exactly how much sour cream to use)
- Combine 2 cups cheese, 1 cup cooked crumbled bacon, and 2 Tb. chopped green onions
- Sprinkle cheese mixture on top of eggs and sour cream
- Bake 20-25 minutes at 350

No comments:

Post a Comment