CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 29, 2010

DeFrost Master 2000

Ok so this has nothing to do with what I learned form my mom but it's a cool gadget that my husband picked up for me at our local thrift store.
It came complete in box and seems to work as it claims.

Instead of thawing frozen meat in a bath of hot water or leaving it on the counter to defrost you put it on this metal tray, that sits in a drip dish and has a cover too.
Supposedly the metals in the tray work with the ambient heat in the air to naturally defrost the meat quickly.
So far we have melted an ice cube in 78 seconds on the thing which was fun to watch and worth the few bucks we paid for this item.
I plan on using it tonight to thaw the chicken breast for dinner so hopefully it works out!
The unfortunate thing is that they no longer sell this product in the stores or online (it is an older as seen on TV item) they do have something called the Miracle thaw the reviews seem to be very mixed on that one so I can't tell you if it works or not, though or thrift store does have that one as well....hmmm maybe time for a science experiment!

1 comment: