CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tortillas are my friend

Dinner today is from the recipe book of Sally Crawford, that wonderful lady who is my Mother in Law! :)

Chicken Casserole in a Crockpot

9 corn tortillas
6 boneless/skinless chicken breasts (can be cut up or used whole)
1 medium diced onion
1 can ortega green chilis
1 can chopped black olives (I used jumbo olives that I chopped myself)
3/4 C grated mexican cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup (since my husband HATES mushrooms I use cream of celery or just 2 cans of cream of chicken instead)
1/2 can of water

Layer tortillas, onion, chilies, olives and then chicken on top of that. Repeat 2 or 3 times.
Mix cream of whatever soups with 1/2 can of water then pour over top of layers.
Using a long handled knife or spoon, separate casserole from walls of crock pot make sure the soup is circulated throughout dish.
Cook on high for 3 hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment