CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Smooth(ie) Sailing

As most of my friends know I have been trying to lose a few pounds this past month or so and so far so good!
What helps me out is drinking smoothies instead of eating a regular meal. If it works for those on Slimfast why not me?
I first learned about nutrient smoothies a few years ago but never really got into that health craze.
It wasn't until a MOPS meeting a month ago that I really hopped on the bandwagon, so here is a recipe for my current favorite smoothie along with the extras I put into it to help super charge me for the day! :)

Breakfast Smoothie

1-2 c. Sliced frozen strawberries
1 banana
1/2 C Odwalla Superfood (this comes in green or red, I prefer the red one)
1 scoop Trader Darwins Soy Protein Powder
1 scoop Trader Joes Super Green drink powder
1/2 C plain non fat yogurt

I place the strawberries and bannanas in first, then the powders, yogurt and juice last.
Blend on high until smooth and everything is mixed well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment