CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 15, 2010

mexi deli rolls revisited

Mexi deli rolls were something my mom used to make as a quick lunch/dinner idea that was fast and very filling when I was kid.
However this time around in making them I didn't have the exact ingredients she had so I improvised a bit.

Mexi Deli rolls

1 package of Flour tortillas (on average we have 1-2 rolls per person depending on the age here so my family usually uses 10 tortillas)
Sliced deli ham
Sliced turkey smoked or regular will do
guacamole (we didn't have this so we used sliced avocado and I liked it better!)
sour cream
shredded iceberg lettuce (I only had romaine so I used 1 leaf per roll)
shredded mexican or shredded cheddar cheese
toothpicks

I spread a little bit of sour cream and guacamole on the tortilla maybe about a 1/2 Tbs but you can do this to taste. Then lay slices of ham and turkey usually about 2 each and finally put some cheese and lettuce on top of that to taste I do about a little less then a 1/4 or so.
Last but not least roll tightly without splitting the tortilla and use a toothpick to hold together if necessary.
Can be served with chips and salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment