CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 31, 2009

You're such a Ham!



After yesterdays fortuitous find of ham at the grocery store I now find myself with a LOT of leftovers!
So, on to finding more creative ways to serve it up!
I could go by the old standby and just make ham and cheese sandwiches for a week or I could take pity on my family and actually think of something neat to do with all of that meat!
Today's choices are a ham and 5 spice veggie dish (I can hear the family groaning already....) but that would take another trip to the store and I really am trying to avoid mad dashes to the store on a daily basis here.
Most likely my family will end up with a basic ham salad, is this really filling you ask?
Sure! It all depends on what you put in it.
There are many ways to make a "salad" but today's recipe comes from HERE
I plan on serving it with yeast rolls (thank you Sister Shubert's ready made rolls!)
and some sort of jello or fruit dessert tonight.
How's that for planning! Only 8am and I already have a meal plan, knowing me though...something will come up and things may change.
It is New Years Eve afterall!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, good for you, JoAnna! I actually started meal planning when I was in college thanks to good training and recipe ideas from my mom and I have been so thankful when I am diligent because it eliminates so much stress to just know what I'm going to make, already have everything on hand, know how much time it will take, etc.
    There's a gal who hosts a "Menu Plan Monday" at her blog (see here for details: http://orgjunkie.com/menu-plan-monday) and people post their menus. It's a great way to get ideas for planning. I stopped when I got so morning sick because I didn't want to eat much of anything but just this week posted my menu on my "food" blog. It works for me since I like as little stress in my life as possible. It also saves us grocery money since I just make one trip a week usually!
    Your ham salad sounds yummy!!

    ReplyDelete