CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Pork chops and friends

Toinght is a dash and go meal as my husband and oldest daughter have a special event at church.
So we're having pork chops seasoned with Kirklands organic no salt seasoning (I love the smell of this stuff!) fried potatoes, some croissants and a salad!
Today's recipe that you see out of this mix though will be the fried potatos.
My mom used to make these when I was growing up and I always got excited because they were so good! She would fry them up in vegetable oil with some onions and Mmmmnnnnmmm!
I make mine a little differently now thanks to the influence of my mother in law but the basic concept is the same, take some potatoes chop them up into pieces and fry away!

4 large russett potatos
1 gallon size ziploc bag
salt or seasoning of choice
1 onion sliced or chopped whichever you prefer
2 Tbs vegetable oil (or for a healthy alternative cooking spray)

Chop potatoes up into bit size chunks (my mother did them in a triangular style shape) Place into ziploc bag with 1 Tbs water. Heat in microwafe for 3-4 minutes, let sit for 10 min in microwave to the potatoes have a chance to be "steamed"
Heat oil in pan, toss the taters in and fry them up until browned, add the onion about halfway through for flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment