CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Penne leftovers casserole!

I love leftovers, because it means mama gets a night off from cooking! But sometimes leftovers can be tedious or if you didn't like it much the first time torture!
So this week rather then have spaghetti again or tacos again...I mixed up some of my leftovers with new friends and we had a pretty good casserole!

1 cup leftover spaghetti sauce (with ground beef)
2 cups Prego heart healthy spaghetti sauce
1 lb lean ground beef
8 oz ricotta cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 red onion chopped
1/2 clove garlic minced (or you can use garlic powder)
Penne Pasta about 6 servings worth

I reheated the spaghetti/meat sauce mix on the stove top and added in more sauce and 1 lb of lean ground beef (cooked and drained)
Once that started bubbling I added in the onion and garlic for more of a robust flavor.
Boil pasta according to package directions.
Layer meat sauce mix, noodles, mozzarella, ricotta cheese in 9x13 glass baking pan; I did this twice then I topped it all with about a 1/4 c of monterey jack cheese as that was all I had! :)
Bake in 350 degree oven until cheese is melted and warmed all the way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment