CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 5, 2010

crock pot casseroles

I am a huge fan of crock pots, this weekend I used mine yet again to make a chicken and black bean casserole of sorts.
Instead of cutting up the chicken though I laid the half breast pieces flat on the bottom of the crock pot and piled everything else on top of them.

Ingredients

1 can organic black beans
1 cup of frozen organic sweet corn
2 cups of dry long grain white rice
4 chicken breasts (1/2 pieces from Foster Farms all natural packs) ** you can shred or cut up to mix, I left mine whole**
1 cup of medium salsa (I used Herdez salsa)
2 cups of water or chicken broth for rice

Place chicken in crock pot if left whole, otherwise just layer in with rice, beans and veggies lasagna style.
Since I left my chicken whole I put it in first, then the rice with liquid to moisten, black beans, corn and then topped it all with the salsa.
Set crock pot on low for 10-12 hrs or high for 4-6 hrs.
When rice is soft mix all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment